Looking for Therron's Ventrilo Tuning thread (also called "Vent Normalization")? Click here.
Having trouble connecting to or using our Ventrilo server? Reply to this thread.What is Ventrilo?
Ventrilo is a Voice over IP (VoIP) program. It allows us to communicate with each other live via voice chat as though we were in a massive telephone conference. All you need is a microphone.DotB's Ventrilo server:
Hostname or IP: dotb.typefrag.com
Port number: 28586
Password: User accounts will need to input their own password, and guests / first-time users will need to get the guest password from an admin or guild officer.Additional server info:
Ventrilo server version: 3.0.2
Max simultaneous users: 75How to Connect to the DotB Ventrilo server
1. Download the Ventrilo Client (version 3.0.1 - it's freeware): http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
2. Configure Ventrilo as needed: http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php
Be sure to turn on the Push-to-Talk feature (many people find that Left CTRL or Left ALT+SHIFT are easiest and still allow you to run while talking).
3. Take a minute to review the following information about DotB's Ventrilo, especially if you run end-game instances with us: http://www.disciplesguild.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=53&topic=4184.0
4. Configure the server info per the yellow text at the top of this post.
5. Talk to someone in High Council or higher to get you added to the server with a password so you aren't logged in as a "Guest" (guests have channel restrictions and such).